Dig Deeper in Waterloo
Waterloo Convention & Visitors Bureau launches "Dig Deeper" campaign.
Members of the Waterloo Convention & Visitors Bureau and their Marketing Committee. Pictured: Jeff Kurtz, Beth Keeney, Jackie Lee, Jane Gordon, Aaron Buzza, and Brent Matthias. Not pictured: Aaron Steinmann and Christa Miehe.
Waterloo Convention & Visitors Bureau Launches ‘Dig Deeper’ Campaign
When it’s time to get away…Dig Deeper in Waterloo.
February 25, 2013, Waterloo, Iowa – The Waterloo Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) launches "Dig Deeper", a new and exciting marketing campaign encouraging visitors to dig a little deeper and discover what’s waiting for them in Waterloo.
“Dig Deeper” invites and inspires visitors to experience Waterloo’s many well-known, attractions, events, restaurants, and accommodations, along with some of our locals’ favorite hot spots.
Family fun at Iowa’s largest water park, live music performances at an impressive new riverside amphitheatre, outdoor recreation on an extensive network of trails, and a downtown museum district full of cultural and historic offerings are just a few of the many features that make Waterloo a vibrant Midwest destination for people of all ages.
“No matter the primary reason for their visit, we hope our guests ‘Dig Deeper’ and add at least one more activity to their itinerary. We are excited to show visitors our wonderful museums, events, restaurants, and attractions and want to encourage them to experience something they may not have been aware of or visited previously,” said Aaron Buzza, Executive Director of the Waterloo Convention & Visitors Bureau. “Those of us who are local, know about places that feature a great burger or dessert. We know the places that offer great activities for kids. We have a great opportunity to share with visitors what makes Waterloo a very special place when they ‘Dig Deeper’.”
The Waterloo CVB’s Spring/Summer campaign launches this month and utilizes advertising, public relations, and social media to attract and engage leisure travelers from across the state and beyond.
• A 30-second commercial will air on key broadcast television networks in Iowa.
• Targeted online ads and Facebook ads will link visitors to travel information and resources to help them plan their Waterloo getaway.
• The Waterloo CVB will extend the message across social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, and the Travel Waterloo blog, and encourage visitors to share their travel photos and experiences.
• Direct mail and email marketing will reinforce the message reaching potential visitors as well as those who recently visited Waterloo.
• Print and digital collateral pieces will be distributed to Waterloo CVB partners for use throughout the duration of the campaign.
• Signage incorporating the campaign theme will be displayed at the Waterloo CVB office, local and statewide events, and other key locations throughout the Cedar Valley.
Tourism is a $7.2 billion industry in Iowa, employing 63,400 people statewide and generating more than $328.8 million in state taxes. In Black Hawk County alone, visitors spent $311.3 million dollars, generating $50.5 million in payroll income and 2,700 jobs.
About the Waterloo CVB
The Waterloo Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) is a not-for-profit organization that promotes the region as a premier destination, welcoming visitors with a personal touch, in order to generate jobs, tax revenues and, thus, an exceptional quality of life for area residents.
For more information, visit www.TravelWaterloo.com/DigDeeper.
* * *